Draft. This page may be broken up into multiple salad pages.
Tabouli, also known as Tabbouleh, is a light and refreshing Mediterranean salad.
3 bunches finely chopped curly parsley
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup fine bulgur
1 chopped firm tomato
1/2 onion or 2 scallions chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the chopped parsley and mint and set aside. Soak bulgur in water until soft (about 10 minutes).
2. In a large bowl, mix bulgur, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions or scallions with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the parsley and mint and olive oil and mix, adjusting seasoning by adding more oil and lemon if desired. Serve cold with lettuce.
1 pound Russet potatoes
1 pound tomatoes
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Pepper
1/3 cup chopped parsley
2 cloves of Garlic (minced)
1. Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with water and bring to boil. Boil the potatoes for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender (enough to pierce a potato to the center with a knife). Let potatoes cool then peel.
2. Dice the potatoes and tomatoes into 1/4-inch cubes.
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Serve chilled.